Friday, April 16, 2010

9 months and over-due for an update

It's been a long time since I've posted. I guess it's hard to get in the habit of posting and before I've realized it, months have gone by. Aiden is now 9 months old. It's hard to believe that he has been in existence for 18 months. 9 months underneath my heart and 9 months in my arms. Being a mom is such an immense privilege. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it.

Things going on with us lately would be that we are still under-going the frustrations of trying to find a home. We have come to the realization that as long as we want to stay inside of God's will, we need to be obedient and surrendered. Right now that involves living with my parents until we get the word that our time here is done. It's a huge blessing actually. Aiden gets to be surrounded by so many people who love him so much. Who could ask for more? We will just have to wait until God tells us it's time to move.

Aiden is growing by leaps and bounds. He is crawling and has started to move pretty quickly!!
He tries to climb on everything and will stand and walk while holding on to furniture. He will stand for a few seconds by himself and then look around and, almost as if realizing he's standing on his own, he will oh so slowly lower himself to the floor. It's too cute! He babbles alot...ma-ma, da-da, nah-nah. He responds to sign language; he doesn't sign back yet, but it's very obvious that he recognizes the signs. His favorite being when we ask him if he wants to eat. :) He now has four teeth and two more are on the way. All of the sudden, when his third tooth popped through he started sleeping through the night. We kept thinking we were doing something wrong that he wouldn't sleep through the night and then he decided to do it on his own.
I guess he was just "ready." I think one of my favorite things about him at this stage is that he likes to feed himself his snacks. His chubby little fingers picking up his little snacks just melts my heart. His belly laugh also does me in.


We've been really busy helping some certain Canadians plan their wedding which will be at the end of May. It's been hard since we obviously live in different countries but we've been able to get quite a bit done. It will be an incredibly special weekend, not just to watch some great friends join their lives together, but also because the night before they get married Jerad and I will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary!! It's crazy to me how fast the time has gone. I am so blessed to be able to spend my life with my best friend.

Well, thanks for reading and I hope you feel updated! Hopefully it won't be too long before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment